Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Mr Positive Uncle

Dear all,

This article is about my good morning friend, Mr. Positive Uncle.

Give me a chance to introduce you with him.
I call him by that name, because I don't know his name.
He is a little short, medium built person, with age above 60 for sure.
He is a regular walker on my road, and he is very regular at it.
Oh, you have a question, that why do I call him friend? -- Well, I think age is never a barrier to make friends.

One more thing about him my dear friends, (which I feel bad for) he only has a left hand.

Do you want to know what makes this person Mr. Positive?
Its his attitude!
He gives a broad smile and waves to every passer-by  -- walker, jogger, runner, cyclist who are exercising like him, and even school children, who are on cycle or with parents or in auto-rickshaws and vans.

Wow!

Let me narrate a recent incident with him..
I was off all exercising some weeks back. No Cycling, No walking or jogging. I love the rains, and getting drenched, but somehow was getting tired and missed out on most of the action this year. But one day, when I was back on saddle, I met him on the road. I met him. He almost waved as if he had something to talk to me. I stopped and moved near him. He came near to me, put his hand on my shoulder and said: "Son, I saw you after so many days. Were you ill? Otherwise I normally see you daily, Hope you are ok? What made you take such a long break from your workout? Or did you join a Gym or something?"
Honestly speaking, I was taken aback for a moment. He touched my heart by showing the concern towards me. Who in the world other than our Family and Close Friends even have time to look and talk to people so simply and affectionately? Who actually cares? Well, I got an answer that day, there are many who don't but there are many like him who do.
I replied to him honestly: "I think its my laziness that deprived me of either riding a cycle or walking/jogging. No I haven't joined a gym, as I don't like it. But yes, even if I missed it, I will continue cycling, and be as much regular as possible".
He patted me on my back and laughed, take care and don't bunk..

This event increased my respect for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment