Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

My Grandfather - The Perfectionist!

Hello Friends,

In this article, I would like to tell you all about my grandfather. Believe me, till now, I have never found any person like him, or even near to him -- the qualities that he had and  his way of thinking, understanding and what not!

He was a type of a person, who always kept himself busy. Right from 4 AM when he got up, till 11 PM when he went to sleep, I can guarantee you would never find him loitering or sitting lazy. He was always Active!

He taught me (till my 12th Std) and my Sister (till her 9th Std), as his hobby, he used to read Mythological books, used to tell us and the whole family stories, used to be an anchor when it came to some celebration in the Family, remembered Birthdates, Anniversaries, and other imp dates like longest day and shortest day, along with the complete hindu mythological calendar along with the importance of almost each day and what not.. Well, I know one thing, that If I continue, I can go on and on and on and just never stop! So let me cut this short here, and come up to the main point.

What do you think that made him the way he was? Was it anything that forced him?

I would say it was his passion that got him what he wanted to and Learnability that helped him achieve it! Yes IT WAS HIS PASSION AND HARDWORK!
He always used to say, you wanna do something, do it whole-heartedly, else don't!
He did many things, had many things as his hobbies, and even if he was not very good at something, he was always ready to learn it from something, if he wished to do it!
The best example of this was, that he learnt how to operate a computer and use Microsoft Office for his own documentation work at the Age of 65. I mean, I have heard people lose their capability to learn something new, around at the age of 40-45 and this guy, he learnt something so new and so different, at the age of 65, just because he wanted to make his own work easy, and yes for sure, he wanted to say, I am a Father of a guy who was the first one to take Computers as his profession in Baroda.

I never heard the word "Feeling Tired" or "Lazy from his mouth. Always up for anything that comes up. As far as Mythological books are concerned, he had already read Ramayan, Mahabharat, Bhagwad Gita and some other books, which I don't even remember. And even at the age of around 68-69 he used to refer to some personality development books, and used to tell us, there's always a chance to improve yourself from what you are today!

He had led a very difficult life, supported his own education right from his school life, from around 5-6 std, by distributing newspapers, selling various things, and reading in street lights and lanterns! I am very sure he always remembered his past, and always thrived hard when it came to helping someone/anyone.

He went to heights because of his attitude, his way of working, his ethics and his education, and he made sure that he helped all those who were needy and suitable. He not only helped various people in their education, but even helped many in getting entry into the entry level interviews of some many government jobs and private firms.

Last but not the least, I think the best part to prove what great human he was, is that, when he expired.
He was not sick or anything, that morning he got a heart stroke, and second massive one at around 1:30-1:45, when he breathed his last. We gave news to some very close people, obviously the family was in shock and not many know how to act in such a situation. But, this news spread out like wild-fire, and by around 6:30 till when we took him for cremation, there were around 250-300 people standing at our residence, who had come up even from nearby cities like Ahmedabad, Surat and others, just to salute the Great Person!

From his life, I have learnt a lot, and today whenever I compare myself with him, I find myself, not even 10% the way he was! He is my Hero -- My role model for Life! And I will consider myself a successful if I can become like him in my life.

Bow to this Great Man! -- My GrandFather the Real Perfectionist!

1 comment:

  1. It would have been an honor to know your grandfather.

    But the way you say you are only 10% is wrong. He had experience of soo many years and hard work, you are starting with your work and you have potential to achieve that level. so don't underestimate yourself.

    ReplyDelete